We are proud to announce the very first annual Shore Hotel Scholarship Award which will be awarded each year to an innovative and highly creative college student. We seek essay submissions from students who are creative thinkers and problem solvers. The award is designed to capture the essence of Shore Hotel’s Mission Statement: “The Shore Hotel is an extraordinary escape destination where we value our guests with personable 5 star customer service, in no way compromising our highly personalized service and integrity while being committed to our environmental stewardship and social responsibility in our community, respecting our fellow team members with modesty and advocating respect”. Whether you are a star in your local community, an outreach leader, a computer genius, or simply dedicated to giving back to society, Shore Hotel wants to support you in your pursuit for success and welcomes you to apply.
Shore Hotel Scholarship Award aims to support hard-working students who are leaders in their communities, think outside of the box and dedicated to excellence in their everyday life and in school.
Shore Hotel $1,000 Scholarship Award
Everything you need to know about eligibility and the application is found below.
Who is Eligible?
All scholarship candidates must be:
- Accepted or enrolled in an accredited hospitality program, OR
- Accepted, or enrolled in a 4- year college or university program, OR
- Accepted, or enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school
- AND have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA at their current educational institution
Scholarship Award: $1,000
Shore Hotel will award a single scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 to be used at the winner’s discretion.
- Only emailed applications will be accepted.
- All applications must be received by June 30, each year.
- Winner will be notified within 30 days of the application deadline.
- Scholarship is payable by check in the amount of $1,000.00 USD and payable within 30 days of the winner announcement.
Applicants are required to write a 1500-2000 word essay that outlines either their (1) community outreach activities; (2) creative thinking skills; or (3) dedication to hospitality excellence, innovation and leadership or environmental stewardship.
Two (2) letters of recommendation are required, One (1) from current or past director, supervisor, manager or owner. One (1) letter of recommendation, from a teacher current or past.
The following additional requirements are necessary for all applicants:
- Application attachments must be in Word or PDF formats only.
- Applications must be sent via email only.
- Applicants must include all current contact information including: full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Copy of the applicant’s official transcript for their most recently completed semester of school.
- Copy of the applicant’s latest CV or resume.
- Photo ID.
- Email all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org