Shore Hotel is proud to be a leader in sustainability within the hospitality industry. LEED Gold certified
Shore Hotel has partnered with Clean the World Foundation, the largest non-profit global recycler of hotels soaps and bottled amenities. Together we reduce the waste created by discarded soap and shampoo products and prevent millions of deaths caused by hygiene-related illnesses every year.
Our environmentally friendly hotel takes a revolutionary approach to sustainability. Every aspect of our hotel was designed to reduce the consumption of natural resources, from the building design itself to day-to-day operation. As much as possible, our hotel relies on locally procured recycled and recyclable materials, many salvaged from the building's demolished preexisting site for use in the new build. Simply by choosing to stay with us, you're significantly reducing your carbon footprint by taking advantage of these sustainable features:
- Our swimming pool is heated by solar energy & reduces our energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Drought-resistant plants in landscaping save 20% more water.
- In room climate control reduces energy costs by 35%-45%.
- Low flow shower heads result in 20% water reduction over traditional shower heads.
- More than 90% of our guest rooms have a direct line of sight to the outdoors and natural daylight.
- Our elevator pulley system is designed to save up to 75% more energy than conventional elevators.
- The hotel contains low-emitting paint and carpet free of volatile organic compounds (VOCS).
- More than 10% of building materials are local to the region.
- We have used extensive LED lighting throughout the hotel and property.
- Over 50% of our construction waste materials, including metals, concrete, stucco, terazzo, wood & carpet were recycled or salvaged.
- Our parking garage ventilation system minimizes energy consumption and ensures adequate ventilation based on dynamic CO2 levels.
- Our storm water management plan captures and treats storm water runoff.
- We use no CFC-based refrigerants on property.
- More than 75% of our roof surface is covered in solar-reflecting material to reduce heat islands.
- Our fitness center has a water fountain that calculates the number of plastic water bottles saved by using your own.
- All guest rooms have balconies with sliding glass doors allowing for natural ventilation, view, and thermal comfort.
- Lobby chairs are upholstered with 100% pre-consumer recycled polyester.
- We exceed California minimum energy performance by 21%.
- Guest room furniture is manufactured from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood.
- Our green housekeeping policies reduce exposure to hazardous chemical contaminants that impact air quality, occupant well being, and the environment.
- We are the only hotel in the state of California to implement a "demand response unit" which reduces the use of energy during peak hours and ultimately our carbon footprint.
- Ecoquartz bath and desktops contain ecologically safe solvents & adhesives, minimizing vapors and residue.
- Our hot water system operates at a thermal efficiency rate of 85%.
- Guest room carpet is manufactured with eco solution Q nylon, which contains a minimum of 25% recycled content.
- Guest rooms are equipped with ducted fresh-air systems with ventilation rates exceeding code requirements for best indoor air quality.
Shore Hotel is proud to partner with the following educational and eco-conscious organizations: