Green Standards at our Santa Monica Environmentally Friendly Hotel
Our newly constructed and Gold LEED-certified Santa Monica environmentally friendly hotel takes a revolutionary approach to sustainability. We've worked with a LEED consultant to ensure that every aspect of our hotel was designed to reduce the consumption of natural resources, from the building design itself to its day-to-day operation. As much as possible, our hotel relies on locally procured recycled and recyclable materials, many salvaged from the building's demolished preexisting site for use in the new build. Just by choosing to stay at the Shore Hotel Santa Monica, you're significantly reducing your carbon footprint by taking advantage of these features at our Santa Monica sustainable hotel:
- 50% of construction waste was recycled or salvaged
- Wood from sustainable forests
- 10% of all building materials are from within a 500 mile radius of the project
- Low-flow water fixtures that significantly reduce water consumption
- Native landscaping that reduces the extent of required irrigation
- Sophisticated building controls system that monitors and adjusts energy usage
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) materials
- Maximized access to natural daylight
- Seathos.org - The Sea•thos Foundation exists to promote education and awareness of the human impact on the world's oceans.
- Cleantheworld.org - Clean the World collects and recycles soap and shampoo products discarded by the hospitality industry every day. Through the distribution of these and other donated hygiene products to impoverished people, Clean the World prevent the millions of deaths caused by hygiene-related illnesses every day.